Monday, July 6, 2009

Bite me

Posted by Picasa



Last night , i was bitten by the strange bug again ,Not the Love bug , the "get ur ass outta town" bug . I can't help but reminisce about my last vacation , which was a week long , in an unknown island - atleast unknown to me .

a quaint airport ,with a view - cloudy skies ,greenery and hills and a small aircraft - this time i saw the crossover from sea to land as we landed on this island . A long ferry ride took us to a haven of beaches with no exotic names .strangely called Beach 1 to beach 7 , but who cared , the water was a pristine blue green with loads of beauty inviting us to dive for ... so here it is - the agenda of the trip ..pure nonsensical scuba diving - we were promised colorful corals , delicate & vibrant fishes , a mantis ray and an electric eel ..Awww ...what a thought ,i said to myself ..imagine saying hello to an electric eel (will it encircle me and give me an electric hug ) and what about all the fishes - i'd rather poke my head into an acquarium . As i tried to evade the experience ..i heard to knock on my door ,it was 7 am and time to dive in . The boat took us to the lighthouse which promised schools of fishes and a not so scary experience for beginners ....ok i think i'm stretching this ..there is a lot more to write abt this island trip and i am at work now ...so here it is ...i got into the suit , straped into the apparatus , downed myself with 6.5 kg weights and I dived in ...breathing heavily i almost emptied the oxygen tank in less than 1/2 the time it takes for a normal diver ...more later

Posted by Swapna Sitaraman at 10:58 PM


so i m back ,destressing during the workhours ,still recounting my diving trip .
My first encounter with a sea creature was the best ever , still struggling to breathe with the regulator and landing in the shallow sea bed abt 5 ft deep ..i spotted a strange creature rolling in glee , wonder if it was jeering at my inability to dive . I stooped down furthur and there it was ...infamously called a sea cucumber , a weird lil conical animal ,still tumbling in the sea bed as if it was laughing at me .Attempting to make some contact , i found a lil stone and poked it in its tummy and voila ..communication ...it spurted its white tentacles at me ...still curious ..i poked it further ..we conversed for a bit and then i moved on to find more interesting creatures.

No comments:

Post a Comment